AW: [mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Thu Aug 11 22:56:53 UTC 2005

Hi Jim,

> If you need a willing victim/beta tester, I'd be happy to
> work on it with you and give you another box to validate
> things on. I'm NTSC but running KnoppMyth R5A16. One of the
> reasons I built this machine was to have a software project
> to "play" in and maybe contribute stuff back and this is one
> piece that would be a big win in WAF

OK, I've now got a first hack ready to break your system :-)

This version uses projectx for remux and commercial cutting. Cutting is
NOT frame accurate, projectx rounds to the nearest GOP. Avidemux2 (which
was used for cutting previosuly) doesn't round - it just produces broken
output files if your cutpoints aren't on a Keyframe.

Requirements:
- projectx (well, obviously )
- Xvfb or local X server

See http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=32174#32174 for
details.

Changes implemented:

- support for multiple audio streams. Commerical cut or remux will keep
around all audio streams from the original recording. If you've got
recordings with multiple audio streams (say, german and english streams)
you'll get a DVD that allows you to switch languages. I haven't yet
figured out how to find out which stream has which langauge and get this
info over to the DVD, so the audio streams won't have nice names.

- chapter submenu is optional and configurable via the web interface.
while I like having the chapter marks in my titels I don't like the
chapter submenu.
- blue face / upside down thumbnails configurable via variables at the
top of mythtvburn.sh
- add a title listbox to the "burn DVD" webpage similar to the listbox
in "recorded programs". makes it much easier to pick a couple of
episodes from the same series.

- if commercial cutting is disabled, revert to old behaviour and use
cutpoints as chapter marks

patch can be downloaded at
http://mabene.icomedias.com/mythburn/cut-0.3.diff

diff is against current CVS version of mythburn. Let me know how badly
it breaks your system. I've tried this stuff on a  gentoo system with
DVB TS Recordings in PAL Format so your box should be about as different
as it's possible to be.

Bye, Martin