[mythtv-users] Anyone using YPbPr on Commell 667T ?

Jonathan Harding jth6528 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:22:27 UTC 2005

David,
Can you elaborate, on what you think the 1ghz c3 won't be able to handle
under load?  Do you think the 1ghz c3 could do the following simultaneously:

1)record a 1080i stream(from firewire or pcHDTV) and 2)play a 1080i (when
the modes are completed)  stream and 3)flag a previously recorded 1080i
program.

or

1)record an SD stream from a PCI mpeg card and 2)play an SD broadcast and
3)flag a previously recorded SD program.

I've read that at 740p the 1ghz c3 uses about 50% CPU.  Would the remainder
be enough to handle the disk wrties for the recording and a niced flagging
session(without causing skipping)? If not,  in your estimation, how much
addional CPU horsepower would be needed to perform those two scenarios.

This whole exercise is of course in search of the elusive myth box which can
record everything, look like a peice of stereo gear, and be totally silent.

BTW:  I really like the look of the Silverstone Lascalla9 case.