[mythtv-users] Anyone using YPbPr on Commell 667T ?

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:42:21 UTC 2005

On 8/10/05, Jonathan Harding <jth6528 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've read that at 740p the 1ghz c3 uses about 50% CPU.

I was seeing slightly less than 50% playing back a 1080i stream on a
720p display.  YMMV

> Would the remainder  be enough to handle the disk wrties for the recording and a niced >flagging session(without causing skipping)?

It'll be enough CPU, commflagging will just take forever.  Dumping
data from hardware encoders / HD cards / firewire takes very little
CPU at all.

> BTW:  I really like the look of the Silverstone Lascalla9 case.

I have one of those sitting on my desk right now.  Not a bad case, but
it's VERY cramped.  You're going to be limited to one HD, and there's
only room for one capture card.