[mythtv-users] Operating System of choice ?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:09:03 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, mythtv at sci.fi <mythtv at sci.fi> wrote:
> Kinda related to the topic, has anyone had any experience running any OS
> (FC4 for instance, but should be the same with others as well), with a
> MoBo that has integrated gfx ? In theory DVI-D should be the same
> regardless whether it's coming from the MoBo or GFX card, so how's it
> work in practice ? Is there some advantage/reason to use a gfx card ?

The advantage of a separate graphics card is better video acceleration.
Onboard video might not have the power to decode video without
dropping frames, especially when it comes to HD.  While the digital
interface might give you similar image quality between thte two the
external card might still have the advantage. Of course there are
probably plenty of people out there to tell you that onboard graphics
work fine for them.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.