[mythtv-users] Re: /video XFS need new HD

jacko emailgeek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:48:43 UTC 2005

On 8/7/05, jacko <emailgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have come to a point where I am running out of space on my /dev/hda
> due to the amount of video I have recorded (only 80 gigs).  I would
> like to add a new 160g HD to my system but lack the know how to add a
> disk to an XFS partition in FC2.  I found a good tutorial for FC3 off
> of Jarod's site.  Should this be the same FC2?  If so, can someone
> explain what VolGroup00 is when using vgextend?
>
> http://svn.wilsonet.com/projects/mythtvology/ticket/87
>
> Thanks in advance...

My partition setup is as follows just as Jarod suggested:

Partition  	Mount Point  	Size  	             Format
/dev/hda1	/boot	          50-100MB	      ext3
/dev/hda2	swap	         512MB 	              swap
/dev/hda3	/	            8-12GB	         ext3
/dev/hda5	/video	         Everything else      xfs

So would add a volume group for hda5 and then extend it?  Sorry,
totally confused after reading last link and where it talks about
using ext3.