[mythtv-users] Storage of currently tuned channel

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Mon Aug 8 11:08:18 UTC 2005

Simplest way to do this I think is this.
First stop the backend. Not sure if editing the database while it is running
will work right.

Login to mysql
mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
If you left it default the password is mythtv too. Otherwise use your own
user/pass.

select cardinputid, inputname, startchan from cardinput;
This will tell you which card is your HD card and the current channel.

UPDATE cardinput SET startchan='13' WHERE cardinputid='1';
This will change the channel in the database. Replace 1 with the cardinput
from next to your hd tuner and replace the 13 with any valid hd channel.