[mythtv-users] Storage of currently tuned channel

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Mon Aug 8 08:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where the current tuned channel is stored in mythtv.
Is it stored in the database anywhere?

There seems to be a bug in mythtv 18.0 that allows you to change to non
visible
channels (probably fixed in cvs).  I have managed to change to a HD channel
and ViaXVMC can't handle it and crashes the frontend.  Unfortunately I am
now stuck on this channel and can't find a way to change to a valid channel
before starting mythbackend.  I can use tzap piped to mplayer to watch other
channels so its not the card that is stuck.  Mythbacked is changing to
this channel
on startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,