[mythtv-users] New Linux User Attempt...

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 03:57:07 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Viet My <samiel at samiel.com> wrote:
> * IR Blaster - I have the Actisys 200L, but I haven't gotten it to work
> yet.
> Is anyone running a similar setup (i.e. using an Actisys 200L) to control
> a DirecTV box?  Should I get a different IR Blaster?

I have a DirecTV box (Samsung) and tried for a few weeks to get the
Actisys to work - I could never get it working (I could receive but
not transmit).

Here's what I did that has worked for 6 months now without issue:
1. Build an IR transmitter (instructions on LIRC website) or buy one
from http://www.irblaster.info/
2. Install a second LIRC instance:
http://mirror.mmdsi.com/losdos.dyndns.org/public/mythtv-info/IR-BLASTER-HOWTO.html
3. Tweaked the header, one, and zero values of my remoted.conf until
the channel changed worked every time (no missed digits, etc)

Hope this helps!
Dave