[mythtv-users] PVR 350, just static

Peter Osterberg peter at supergirl.se
Sun Aug 7 21:15:54 UTC 2005

Jim Reith wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup a box using Knoppmyth and a PVR350 card.
>>
>> I get picture but just static.
>>
>> I've tryied the following while having LiveTV running, run ivtvctl -R,
>> and run scantv in parallell.
>>
>> When I just run ivtvctl -R it responds with saying that frequency is set
>> to 0 even though I've hard coded the channel number for two channels in
>> mythtv-setup. I stays at 0 whatever channel i switch to.
>>
>> So I let it run while letting scantv perform a full scan. When I do this
>> I get variations in the static and sometimes I even get something that
>> could become a picture with some luck :-).
>>
>> I've also tried to run mplayer /dev/video0 while performing a scan with
>> scantv with almost the same result. The static shows up a bit
>> differently but it almost becomes a picture at the same frequencies.
>>
>> So I guess that I have got two issues. One, no clear picture, there
>> should be one since I get picture on a regular TV using the same antenna
>> cable. Two, MythTV keeps setting my card to frequency 0 whenever I
>> change channel. It does at least set my card to input from Tuner 0, I
>> can see that when I run ivtvctl -P.
>>
>> Anyone? Please! :-)
>

> What is your output device?
> Do you have an input source set up?
> Have you run mythfilldatabase or edited the frequency into the DB?
>
> Also, what distro and what software versions?

For the moment I use my regular monitor as output device, ATI Radeon
9600. I get exactly the same picture when I hook it up to a DLP
projector via the ATI card. Haven't tried to connect via the PVR350 card
yet.

ivtv 0.2.0
Myth 0.18.1
Knoppmyth Release 5A16, the above is the ones included in this release.

I did set everything up the first time in mythtv-setup, after that did I
run mythfilldatabase, getting channels for Sweden, then I changed the
values for two channels since I have cable TV here and I know that the
channels aren't at the same frequencies. I ran
/etc/cron.daily/myth-backend after I did those changes in myhttv-setup.

I haven't had any peak in the database yet. Is there something
interesting to be found in there or might it be easyier to make the
changes directly in the database? I am very familiar with SQL so it
wouldn't be a problem if you think that it is easyier.

Thank you!!

/Peter