[mythtv-users] Lirc and sound not working after upgrade

mogens lunde acer at mogenslunde.dk
Sun Aug 7 13:28:12 UTC 2005

Approximately every week I do an apt-get update and apt-get
dist-upgrade. After the last of these mythtv could no longer access the
backend server. I found out that the upgrade had changed my directories
from /var/lib/mythtv to /mnt/store, and that I had to alter permissions
in /var/lib/mythtv. After changing back I could restart mythbackend, and
access my stored recordings.

But no sound, and remote not working either :-(
In the mythfrontend log I have these errors:
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: Connection refused
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages.

So I guess that this might be caused by the ugrade having changed some
other permissions, but I simply do not know where to look and what for.

Basically I do not understand for what reasons an upgrade can alter
permissions on already existing files and folders. But I guess there is
some kind of good explanation.

Thanks for any help.

Mogens