[mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second then dies

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 7 00:50:19 UTC 2005

<SNIP> This is not the problem

> It's really frustrating me :(  Here's the output of the backend log:
>
> Starting up as the master server.
> Error getting inputs for the capturecard.  Perhaps you have
> forgotten to bind video sources to your card's inputs?
> us-bcast is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.
> Starting up as the master server.
> Error getting inputs for the capturecard.  Perhaps you have
> forgotten to bind video sources to your card's inputs?
> us-bcast is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.
> Starting up as the master server.
> Error getting inputs for the capturecard.  Perhaps you have
> forgotten to bind video sources to your card's inputs?
> us-bcast is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.
> Starting up as the master server.
> Error getting inputs for the capturecard.  Perhaps you have
> forgotten to bind video sources to your card's inputs?
> us-bcast is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.
>
> It says that us-bcast (the name of my video source) isn't attached to
> the input on the card, but it is (I attached it to Tuner 0).  Does
> anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone else had a similiar problem, and even
> better, has anyone solved it?  Thanks very much everyone :)
>
> James

I would be inclined to believe this is the source of the problem.

Please run the following and post the results.

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
if you left the defaults the password is mythtv. If this does not work try
logging in as the root user. We are not editing anything so don't get too
worried.

you should now see "mysql>"
type the following 2 lines here and post the results.

select cardinputid, cardid, sourceid, inputname from cardinput;
and
select sourceid, name from videosource;

Here are the results of the same commands on my system.

mysql> select cardinputid, cardid, sourceid, inputname from cardinput;
+-------------+--------+----------+-----------+
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname |
+-------------+--------+----------+-----------+
|           1 |      1 |        1 | Tuner 0   |
|           2 |      2 |        2 | DVBInput  |
+-------------+--------+----------+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select sourceid, name from videosource;
+----------+-------+
| sourceid | name  |
|        1 | Cable |
|        2 | HDTV  |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I am willing to bet that either you have no Tuner 0 line or if you do that
sourceid is null.
If it is start mythtv-setup and choose no to both questions then goto #4 on
the menu. Make sure the (Tuner 0) line has -> to whatever you named your
video source.