[mythtv-users] Can't watch Video's on front end???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 00:23:57 UTC 2005

Just a couple of Q's... I'm still learning Linux but was able to
makeit through the installs on the FE and BE so I know enough to be
dangerous...

What is the /etc/exports used for on the BE? currently mine is blank.
Is that similar to a share? I'm running FC3 on the BE.

Will I only need to mount the /video directory not the /video/videos
directory? In other words can I use the parent directory will that
then make all the sub directory's available or do I need to be
specific?

I think I follow the fstab info? If I create the /video/videos
directory on the xbox and the BE directory is the same /video/videos
then it would look like -

/mnt/video/videos   /mnt/video/videos   nfs   defaults,bg 0 0

What does this serve (yourbackendnamealias:/full path/to/exported/directory)?

Assuming my BE is localhost then would it read: localhost:/full /video/videos

AJM,