[mythtv-users] bad tuning & wrong channels | knoppmyth & Hauppage 350

Matthew Dunne mjd2112 at columbia.edu
Sat Aug 6 13:17:20 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I'm in the last stages of setting up a knopp-myth combined
frontend-backend. My problem: when I watch live TV, or record programs,
I get the wrong channel. Sometimes the picture is clear, sometimes it
looks like it's not tuned in. In all cases, it will be, say, Fox news
when mythtv shows the program guide info and channel number for, say, NBC.

I'm using:
knoppmyth 5A16
which installed mythtv 18.1

Hauppage 350 for both tuning and tvout

coaxial cable in, composite video out

I live in Brooklyn, USA.
Time Warner analog Cable service
Zap2it channel listings

I'm sure I haven't provided enough information for anyone to help yet,
so please let me know what else would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks much.
-Matthew