[mythtv-users] Managing DVD's in Linux
Chris Lopeman
lopemanc at swbell.net
Sat Aug 6 02:23:35 UTC 2005
OK, this is a different approach but I plan on using the Dacal carousel.
. It will of course require moving the disc from the carousel to the
dvd player, but I dont think that is a big deal. And on top of that
Dacal is coming out with a version with a built in dvd player. I just
dont want to loose the quality or disk space.
Jonathan Mills wrote:
> I am looking for the "best accepted practices" to perform the
> following tasks in Linux:
>
> 1) Rip a commercial DVD
> 2) If necessary, transcode it and compress it to fit on a DVD5
> (regular DVD+/-R)
> 3) Be able to selectively burn various tracks, audio, and menus
> 4) Burn the DVD (or alternatively create an iso image of it)
>
>
> Now I'm not a Linux noob; in fact I'm a Linux Administrator. I've
> just never done any video-related tasks under Linux. I'm also
> completely new to mythTV. In Winbloze, I would normally perform all
> of the above tasks using just two programs: DVD Decryptor and
> CloneDVD2.
>
> How does the majority of the community handle such tasks?
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list