[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend not starting

Nathaniel Homier nate.homier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:23:21 UTC 2005

Hi, my name is Nate Homier and I am having trouble getting the Mythtv
backend to start. I installed it via the Debian apt-get as decscribed at
mythtv using the precompiled Debian package. Everything works great
except can't start backend. I don't know what the error message means or
how to deal with it. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Debian 3.1r0
pcHDTV 3000
Intel 865PERL
Geforce 6600GT with Nvidia binary
Audigy 2 ZS

error message is below: Note I did this as root.

debian:/home/usr# /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
Starting MythTV server: mythbackendSession management error:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
.