[mythtv-users] [OT] Xbox Frontend/Xebian 1.1/Alsa

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:07:58 UTC 2005

Bah, I got the saved games on my USB stick, eventually, and the
emergency linux loads OK, but if I try and load the install linux game
it fails.

>From reading up, it is my dashboard that is too new, and I have no
idea where to find an older one and from reading, it would be illegal.
 This is starting to look like a little too much trouble now :(

Plus, using this softmod technique, do you have to select linux from
the dashboard to get it to boot up everytime you power on?  That would
kinda suck!

Whytey

On 8/5/05, Wouter Lagerweij <wouterla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/05, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmmm...Using the TSOP flash method, you can solder two pointds on the
> > main board (for 1.2, 1.3, which I have anyways) and the use the
> > mechassault game to load the linux bootloader thingo to flash the
> > BIOS.
> >
> > Thats my understanding from the docs at xbox-linux.org :|
> >
> > This weekend is going to be fun :P
>
> I've hacked a couple of xboxes (one 1.6 one earlier model) without
> having to use any soldering.
> Key to this is already having a hacked xbox, so that you can create a
> correctly formatted memory card (find the savegames at xbins). Or you
> could download one (I have it here somewhere...), and use 'dd', to get
> it onto a USB memory stick, and use a converter cable to connect that
> to the Xbox.
> You can easily make those cables yourself (xbox-linux, or one of the
> forums will probably have an explanation) or do as I did, and buy one
> for 7.95 EUR...
>
> You can google 'ltools xbox' to get more info.
>
> Wouter

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.