[mythtv-users] Blue bar at bottom of all video

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Aug 5 13:19:35 UTC 2005

At 6:58 PM -0600 8/4/05, Eric Jensen wrote:
>While watching TV and on all of our recordings is a blue line a few
>pixels high and going the full length of the TV.  I've searched through
>the archives and tried running: `xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0` but it
>didn't work.  Is there anything else I can try?  I am capturing with a
>Happauge PVR-250 and outputting with a nVidia GeForce 3, running FC3.

Are you sure it's not being put there by your window manager? If you
have the system bar set to be at the bottom of the screen, with
auto-hide turned on, it can appear as a solid line along the screen
in some cases. I get this in visualizer mode in MythMusic, but not in
regular video.

To test my theory, try turning auto-hide off and see if the full
system bar stays there all the time.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"