[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au which script?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:37:22 UTC 2005

> I agree with Matt.  It would be better to have a single consolidated
> script which services all states etc.  If the state is not serviced in
> the script, someone add it to the script then recommit.
>
> If the XMLTV project allows us to update the scripts then fine,
> otherwise we need to centralise the script (without causing anyone to
> be libel) and allow the script to be modified by the user base.

Do we also need to think about _which_ nineMSN script may be the best
in the long run? There are 2 nineMSN scripts going around - the Damon
Searle one, and the Michael Smith one. Personally, I prefer the
Michael Smith one as it has an external config file which means that
you don't have to update the script itself whenever a new version
comes out. It lives at http://immir.com/tv_grab_au but the version
that is there at the moment hasn't had the 1 line update to cope with
the changed URL.

Regards,
Phill