[mythtv-users] Pundit mythtv

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com
Wed Aug 3 09:15:09 UTC 2005

> Ah! So those boards have on board mpeg2 decoding that works with stuff
> recorded using a PVR-350 or PVR-250.  I'm not really interested in using
> this for avi's, just for the TV recordings.

You might have to mess around with transcode for this to get the
recordings in the correct format. I was watching a recording made via a
PVR-250 last night and I noticed that I was getting the colour OSD which
tells me I wasn't using XVMC-VLD (XVMC-VLD OSD is currently black/white).
I haven't investigated why because it plays fine on my MII 12000.

Note also that you can't do PIP if you're using XVMC-VLD, this doesn't
bother me too much. After the initial 'Oh look PIP!!!, I never use this'.