[mythtv-users] Different audio recording levels across sources

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Tue Aug 2 15:49:20 UTC 2005

You replied to the message "Re: [mythtv-users] YPrPb component out for
MythTV" to ask this question.  So you are now getting lost in that
thread.  When creating a new thread it is tempting to hit "reply" to
avoid having to copy and paste the email address, but this screws things
up, since these lists are archived by multiple providers like
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

I recommend using an non-Microsoft email client.  In Thunderbird I just
type "My" in the to field and it comes up with "Discussion about mythtv
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>".  That's how I ask new question.

Happy Mything!

Dan Wilga wrote:

> My system has both a PVR-350 and a 250. I'm using the cards to tune
> CATV, as well as capture the output of two Dish 311 receivers through
> S-video.
>
> The problem is that the Dish receivers send audio that is
> significantly lower in volume than what my cable company puts on the
> wire. The result is that whenever I want to watch a program recorded
> from the dish I have to increase the volume, or when watching a CATV
> program I have to reduce the volume.
>
> I see that there are per-channel settings in Myth for contrast and
> brightness, but not for volume. I've looked all through the FE
> settings and mythtv-setup, but can't find anything that would allow me
> to reduce the volume on certain channels or inputs.
>
> Is there an option somewhere I'm missing, or should this be a feature
> request?

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

*Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
Outlook/Outlook Express.*
Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85> Get
Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=179>