[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:42:45 UTC 2005

Sorry for the nag.. :-), but I urge you all to have a look at the scrips in the
CVS for mythburn (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythburn/).
Screenshots of the results at
http://mythburn.sourceforge.net/.
Although the package is driven by MythWeb addon scripts, the scripts
doing the work are just ordinary shell scripts. In my experience, the
php fronend has a high WAF, but a QT frontend calling the scripts
would be a very big bonus. Having to start up two computers to be able
to burn a DVD feels kinda strange.

Furthermore, if the ready-to-go scripts are used, there will perhaps
not be a need for two types of burning... it comes from the good
nature of code reuse, open source and not re-inventing the wheel where
there is (as I understand it)  no need.

/Fredrik

On 8/1/05, Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Monkey Pet wrote:
>
> > I started on a project to develop a plugin that will do the simple
> > task of burning shows to a DVD readable by any dvd player.  However,
> > this will probably not be as advanced as nuvexport, mythburn, or
> > anything else out there.  My goal is to make it integrated into myth
> > as a plugin, easy to use and install so that wifey can use it.  I also
> > want to get it done before my box runs out of disk space, hopefully, 2
> > weeks.  Any inputs welcomed.
> >
>         I realize that it's a bit premature, but might I suggest two types
> of DVD burning:  One that actually authors a standards-compliant DVD
> (difficult), and one that simply exports the .nuv and an .sql stub file
> onto a DVD that's easily played from within mythtv (easier).  I generally
> use nuvexport in that mode (NUV/SQL) to export/import recorded shows when
> I'm out of disk space.  Don't lose anything in the database that way.
>
> Just a though...
> -Cory
>
> --

> * Cory Papenfuss                                                        *
> * Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student               *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University                   *

My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/