[mythtv-users] WAF Achieves a Positive Value !

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Apr 29 15:55:12 UTC 2005

>>> dave at theansells.com 04/29/05 10:27 AM >>>

<snip>

>     A question, though....   I was thinking of getting a Media MVP
> for the children to use.

My 6 and 9 year olds use it to select programs to watch all by
themselves.

> How user-friendly is it?

I'd give it an 8 compared to a full Myth box.

>   I am guessing that you cant run a full front end, but you can
> see a NFS or SAMBA share.

That is correct.  Current release (non-CVS) binary can only play
mpeg2 and mpeg1 and myth recorded shows.  It will also
see upcoming recordings.

>  Does it display the name of the show, etc or just a file name?

Name of the show.  You can show them in oldest first or
newest first.  You don't even't know the file name unless
you nfs mount your recorded show directory.

Paul