Small quiet HDTV frontend (was Re: [mythtv-users]kernel 2.6.12support)

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Thu Apr 28 17:05:32 UTC 2005

Right now, I use a C3 + CLE266 for Myth with SDTV. In addition, I am
testing a C3 + CN400 for Myth with HDTV. Both systems are diskless and
fanless.

MythTV menu navigation is very responsive. Visualizations in MythMusic
are slow, so I disable them. Image scaling and rendering in MythGallery
is sluggish.

Paired with the CLE266, the C3 has no problem playing back SDTV
recordings. Paired with the CN400, C3 has no problem playing back HDTV
recordings, but the drivers are still experimental. This is because the
CLE266 and the CN400 are doing all hard MPEG2 decoding work.