[mythtv-users] Will we be watching pictures with background music?

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:36:30 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Fredrik Karlsson <dargosch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Honestly, I have to say that looking throught the feature set of
> MythTV in comparison with the the other HTPC/PVR solutions out there
> in the OSS world, I get impressed with the featured I have availible
> to me as a MythTV user. However, there is one thing that Freevo has
> that MythTV has that I know would make me (and my family) jump with
> joy, and that is the ability to de-attach music playing so that it
> continues when viewing pictures (for instance).
>
> Is this in the roadmap for Myth? Would it be hard to do?
>
> /Fredrik
>
> --
> My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
> http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/

Check out mfd and mfe on the CVS.  They'll let you play audio behind
the scenes.  Its not a "release" branch yet so it'll take some work on
your part to get it integrated into the menu but mfd sets itself up
pretty well and mfe will automagically connect to it.  Best advice is
to read ALL the READMEs included.

Devan

--
Thanks,