[mythtv-users] 0.18 (gentoo/nvidia) blue video preview

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Apr 28 16:13:48 UTC 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 00:10, Julian Rendell wrote:
> > i have been running (using my own cvs ebuilds) for a long time now
> > without them (on Athlon, C3 and Pentium 4M)
> > --
> > simon
>
> I'd agree- the mythfrontend ebuild was broken for 0.18, and I've just
> tweaked the mythfrontend and mythtv ebuilds to do an ewarn if mmx is
> enabled, and then builds with mmx IF mmx is enabled by the USE flags.
> Hmmm... I'll tweak them a little more to also give a warning if MMX is
> not set, then I'll try and raise bugs on Gentoo tonight.
> Anyone interested in my ebuilds (believe me the changes are trivial)
> can email me and I'll send them to you.
>
> Also: can confirm blue previews is fixed by enabling MMX.  Yet to see
> if the problem is fixed when watching via mplayer.

i've now got mythtv-cvs and mythmusic-cvs written and they work
(they build and mythmusic works properly - i'll test mythtv when i build this
on my backend)

i think the ebuilds need a rewrite - i'll submit my versions on the gentoo bug
list
--
simon
ps i posted my mythtv-cvs ebuild on myth-dev last night