[mythtv-users] 0.18 (gentoo/nvidia) blue video preview

Julian Rendell wandering.womble at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:10:44 UTC 2005

> i have been running (using my own cvs ebuilds) for a long time now without
> them (on Athlon, C3 and Pentium 4M)
> --
> simon

I'd agree- the mythfrontend ebuild was broken for 0.18, and I've just
tweaked the mythfrontend and mythtv ebuilds to do an ewarn if mmx is
enabled, and then builds with mmx IF mmx is enabled by the USE flags.
Hmmm... I'll tweak them a little more to also give a warning if MMX is
not set, then I'll try and raise bugs on Gentoo tonight.
Anyone interested in my ebuilds (believe me the changes are trivial)
can email me and I'll send them to you.

Also: can confirm blue previews is fixed by enabling MMX.  Yet to see
if the problem is fixed when watching via mplayer.