[mythtv-users] Increasing remote frontend's network buffer

Julian Rendell wandering.womble at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:17:29 UTC 2005

Hi there-

I have a backend that only has slow 802.11b network access.  The
interesting thing is I can successfully stream via mythweb/apache to
mplayer in real time, so long as I increase the cache buffer in
mplayer to ~32Mb.

Using mythfrontend remotely causes re-buffering pauses about every second.

So I think I have enough average bit-rate, but not enough
instantaneous to support video streaming.

Is there anyway I can increase the frontend's buffer?  A patch would
be just fine (sorry, I don't have time to figure it out myself).

Thanks in advance,

Julian