[mythtv-users] Recommendations for New Sound Card

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Apr 27 13:35:47 UTC 2005

On 4/27/2005 9:23 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

>I haven't tried it with
>MythTV but I use a USB to spdif converter from ADS Tech for our music
>collection playback. It works great. If I knew where to configure Myth
>to use hw:1,0 instead of default then I'd give it a quick shot with
>Myth also. I'll bet it works fine.

You could try changing AudioDevice from ALSA:default to ALSA:hw:1,0.
See the sound section of the docs for where this is located:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

The alternative would be to create a .asoundrc for your soundcard.
There is more info about this at:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo

HTH,

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info