[mythtv-users] UK Problem recording Fifth Gear

Simeon Walker simeon at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 09:49:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 09:36 +0100, Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a backend system with 2xHauppauge DVB-T cards in it. with a
> couple of Epia frontends, I also run a frontend on my Athlon 2800
> occasionally. It generally works well. One program it consistently
> doesn't record well is 'Fifth Gear' on Five. The audio is chopped and
> the picture very distorted/blocky. Anyone else seeing this? It seems to
> only be this particular program, I guess there's something 'funny' in
> the stream for that particular show. I get the same problem playing the
> .nuv file in mplayer, so it's definitely on the backend side.
>
> I'm running CVS from 24/04/05.  I'm recording in TS mode with HW decoding.
>
> I've got the Xtraview (v2) patch installed, which I suspect might be
> causing the problem.

I watched it last night (via a recording) with no problems. I don't have
that patch you mention. I also use TS mode with the HW decoding checked.

My system is an EPIA combined front and backend with a Nova-T.

Regards,
Simeon

> Any thoughts?
>
> Neale.

Simeon Walker,                       http://biology.bangor.ac.uk/
School of Biological Sciences,          phone: +44 (0)1248 383702
University of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2UW.    fax: +44 (0)1248 382569