[mythtv-users] Any UK users of Myth with LCDProc?

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Fri Apr 22 09:13:11 UTC 2005

Neil Milne wrote:

>I've got one like this:
>http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=420&osCsid=387a199dfb459b0ec503827a94f6b2fc
>
>Can't actually remember where I got it from - may have been them or
>possibly QuietPC who do them as well I think.

Cool, looks ok.  The Linitx site is out of stock at the moment and
Quietpc's UK site seems to be down, but I'll check back later.

Did you build a 5 1/4" drive bay bracket for it too, or is it
professionally hanging off the front of the PC case?  :)

>Works ok - the version of LCDproc is pretty important, and there is a
>patch floating around to fix the issues with the char set which this
>lcd has.

Yup, I've seen that on the dev list, cheers.

>My version of lcdproc is too new so the screen is a bit garbled
>sometimes but if you pick the right version it appears to work ok.
>Hopefully the lcdproc support will improve - or it might be something
>I  could look at (despite not knowing c++) if I have some spare time
>:-)

I am a C++ coder of 8 years now.  When I've finished changing jobs and
moving house in a few months, there's quite a lot of stuff I want to do
to Myth :)