[mythtv-users] capture from Sky Digibox with PVR-350

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 02:02:04 UTC 2005

On 4/21/05, Dan Polak <d1polak at gmail.com> wrote:
> My PVR-350 is currently connected to cable TV on the TV Connector. I'd
> also like to be able to record from my Sky Digibox. The Digibox has
> RGB SCART output.
> It seems best to use the S-Video input on the PVR-350 for recording
> from the Digibox.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good converter from RGB scart to S-Video (if
> possible with the right cables)?

Do you know if it is possible to control the type of output from the
Sky box in its config system - or is it *only* RGB SCART? On my ntl
box I can choose between RGB and composite through the SCART. I'm sure
it's still set to RGB and I get normal Svideo at hte same time using a
SCART -> Svideo/Audio cable.

> Will MythTV work with two inputs connected to one PVR-350?
> How do I find out which /dev/video device corresponds to the S-Video
> input of the PVR-350?

You can use the ivtvctl tool to cycle through all of the svideo inputs
to find the correct one. On my PAL PVR-350 connected to ntl, I use
'/usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 0' to select the first ivtv input.Using this
method, you can either dump to an mpg and check for correct signal, or
use 'dd' to take the input from the encoder and then dump it back out
of the decoder to a TV connected to the output of the 350 card.

Nick