[mythtv-users] capture from Sky Digibox with PVR-350

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Thu Apr 21 21:32:39 UTC 2005

Dan Polak wrote:
> My PVR-350 is currently connected to cable TV on the TV Connector. I'd
> also like to be able to record from my Sky Digibox. The Digibox has
> RGB SCART output.
> It seems best to use the S-Video input on the PVR-350 for recording
> from the Digibox.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good converter from RGB scart to S-Video (if
> possible with the right cables)?

You may be better getting a second-hand (ebay) Sky+ box. All of these
have SVideo outputs. Some of the other Sky boxes _do_ have a svideo output.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Delivery/30782.htm
Is being recommended by many as a RGB -> SVideo converter, if you want
to go down this route, however.

> Will MythTV work with two inputs connected to one PVR-350?
> How do I find out which /dev/video device corresponds to the S-Video
> input of the PVR-350?
Yes and no. The 350 can only encode 1 MPEG stream at a time. You either
need multiple cards, or a PVR500 to do 2 inputs simultaneously.

You'll probably also want the info from:
http://www.heenan.me.uk/control-sky-from-pc/

Cheers,

Allan.