[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 113

Adam Anderson adamand at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 21 05:07:39 UTC 2005

From: greg at nodecam.com
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] XBox DVD remote configuration - How do I
> 	stop the	fluxbox menu from popping up?
> To: Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com>,	Discussion about mythtv
> 	<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> > On 4/20/05, greg at nodecam.com <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
> >> After a few trials, I managed to get XBox Myth installed, and it works
> >> incredibly well, except for one small problem, and I don't know where to
> >> look to fix it.
> ...Snip...
> >> One last question, then I'll stop bothering everyone.  Is there some
> >> mailing list or something for XBox Myth discussion?  I see on the
> >> http://bit.blkbk.com/ main page that there used to be a forum of some
> >> sort.  Have people moved somewhere else?  I keep running into niggling
> >> little issues that I'm sure have been rehashed by people again and
> >> again,
> >> but I have a hard time finding indepth xbox mythtv info in this list's
> >> archives.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Greg
> >
> > I'm not sure if the guy who wrote the xbox myth scripts is even
> > maintaining the site or the scripts at all anymore.
> >
> > Matt
>
> Yeah, I kind of got that impression.  There's gotta be a pretty
> significant user community out there, or just waiting to happen though,
> since I know a lot of people are using XBox frontends.  I figure there is
> enough traffic on this list just supporting Myth - I don't think it's
> really the place for the sorts of questions I've got, since they're really
> more XBox questions than Myth questions.
>
> Greg

This is my first reply to this mailing list so I hope I don't screw it
up.  I used the script mentioned above so everything should be about the
same.

Here is what I did to stop the menu from poping up when using the xbox
remote.  The lirc configuration file for the remote for Xebian wide is
at /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf  What I did in their was comment everything out
with the "#" at the beginning of each line.  I did leave one line not
commented out which was the left arrow.  The reason I did that was so I
could make the screen-saver go away with the remote.  Now when not in
mythtv you will not be able to use the remote to control anything except
move the pointer to the left.

Example:
#MOVE_N * UP
#MOVE_E * RIGHT
#MOVE_S * DOWN
MOVE_W * LEFT

Also the config files for lirc within mythtv is
at /home/live/.mythtv/lircrc   In this file I made the SKIP- and SKIP+
equal to the Q and Z key so I could use those keys to skip the
commercial cut points.  They weren't configured like that after I
install, they were the only 2 keys not assigned.

Example:
# Seek to previous commercial cut point
begin
prog = mythtv
button = SKIP-
repeat = 4
config = Q
end

# Seek to next commercial cut point
begin
prog = mythtv
button = SKIP+
repeat = 4
config = Z
end

You should be able to see what to do once you open those files.  If not
shoot me an email.

Adam