[mythtv-users] How to upgrade kernel for HD-3000 dvb drivers?

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 13:48:43 UTC 2005

--- makalu at ansae.com wrote:

> I have built a backend with a PVR-250 using Jarod's
> great guide. It's build
> on FC3 with a 2.6.10-1.770fc3 kernel from ATrpms.
> I'd like to add an HD-3000
> card to it, so I searched the archives for
> installation advice. It looks
> like I should upgrade my kernel to 2.6.11 and use
> dvb drivers.
>
> I would appreciate some advice about upgrading the
> kernel. It doesn't look
> like ATrpms has a 2.6.11 kernel for FC3 yet. Should
> I get the kernel sources
> from kernel.org and build it myself? Do I need to
> apply any patches specific
> to FC3? Are the kernel rpms for FC3 on ATrpms (like
> the xxx-1.770fc3 one I'm
> running now) built straight from the kernel.org
> sources, or are they tweaked
> or patched for FC3?
>
> Also, following the Guide, after installing FC3 and
> upgrading to the 770
> kernel, I got various kernel-specific kerner models
> (ivtv, lirc, etc.). The
> appropriate kernel modules for the 770 kernel are
> all available on ATrpms.
> If I upgrade to 2.6.11, I'll need to get or make
> 2.6.11 kernel modules. Do I
> need to build them from source?
>
> Besides the kernel and the kernel modules, are there
> any other patches I
> need to get?

I have a similar setup and instead of upgrading the
kernel I just grabbed the 2.0 drivers from pcHDTV,
they work fine with 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.  If you go the
kernel upgrade route I think you will either need
2.6.11 and cvs from v4l or 2.6.12rc2, which I think
has support for the pcHDTV under dvb.

Howard