[mythtv-users] nuvexport question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Apr 16 03:46:18 UTC 2005

I know this is not a core mythtv component but I figured the audience
here is suitable.

I am trying to use nuvexport. I grabbed
	http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport-latest.tar.bz2

[note: I found no information regarding the package on this site
and no README or such in the above archive. Had to install it in
order to see what it does]

When I started it I got this menu:
-------------------- quote start
Using ffmpeg for exporting.
What would you like to do?

   1. Export to XviD (disabled)
   2. Export to SVCD
   3. Export to VCD
   4. Export to DVCD (VCD with 48kHz audio for making DVDs)
   5. Export to DVD
   6. Export to DivX (disabled)
   7. Export to ASF (disabled)
   8. Export to MP3 (disabled)
   9. MPEG2->MPEG2 cut only (disabled)
  10. Export to .nuv and .sql

   q. Quit

Choose a function:
-------------------- quote end

I have no idea why some exports are disabled, I went through the man
page and did not find any explanation.

1) I would like to know why these are disabled and how to enable them.

2) I would probably benefit from knowing what dependencies this package
has so that I install missing required packages.

3) My nuvs are automatically transcoded to mpeg4. All I really want to do
is extract the streams unmolested (as is) into an avi for others to watch
on windows. Which of the above 10 options should I use?

I an on Debian/testing.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat