[mythtv-users] Channels with poor quality create HUGE recordings

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 15 03:39:57 UTC 2005

Static and noise don't compress well.  The higher the compression you
normally use, the more pronounced the file size 'inflation', as it
were.  If you find a way to clean up the picture, the files should go
back to normal size.

Actually, if you find a way to clean up the picture, please let me know
so I can get rid of the fuzzy diagonal lines I get on AMC.  Post
processing them with a temporal filter cleans them up pretty good, but
for normal viewing it looks pretty bad.

Bill