[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup fails - Mysql fails - Help please!

Craig Cooper craig.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:21:57 UTC 2005

OK, here's the deal...

Using full DVD install of FC3, running GNOME, with WinFast TV2000
Deluxe FM card installed and working with xawtv, xdtv, and two other
players. Freevo installed and working.

Removed and reinstalled all mysql related files.

mysqlserver rpm complained that: "user mysql not found, using root" -
this sounds dangerous??

Was finally able to change roots password for mysql.

mythtv setup fails at around Line 83 or so, and will not run a second
time, saying database already exists at Line 1.

mysqld starts cleanly, but always fails at shutdown. It cannot be
stopped or restarted...

I am not logged in as mythtv (do I need to be?). I am following the
popular FC3 mythtv howto that's on the web. I am also not using KDE,
should I?

Someone has suggested trying PHP-MYADMIN to help track down the root
of the problem...any ideas anyone??

I will send any logs, or re-run in verbose debugging mode if you need
more info...

Many thanks,

CraigC