[mythtv-users] Re: Small quiet HDTV frontend

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Apr 13 11:39:28 UTC 2005

On 4/12/2005 6:27 PM, Phil K wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>Just wondering what the progress is on your instructions for this box you
>have shown on mythhd.info.  I've been looking for a frontend HD box for
>quite sometime and been messing with ModeLines for my HDTV for months now.
>Macmini looked great but then seems not to have enough horsepower.  This
>board you got looks pretty sweet and I was wondering if you have any prelim
>stuff on it.  Anyhow...Let me know and I appreciate anything in advanced.

Made some progress, but still working on the modelines for the HDTV
encoder.  This is the last part I need to get working.  I won't be able
to spend much more time on it until this weekend though.

>Or on another know, you know of any MicroAtx boards that might work with a
>P4 3.0 gig Northwood?

The last time I looked (a couple of months ago) there were still several
made.  The thing to look for is if the chipset supports 400MHz FSB.  At
least most of the Intel chipsets seem to still support 400MHz (while
adding 533 and/or 800).  Not sure about SiS or Via chipsets.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (new picture of back, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info