[mythtv-users] remote *receiver* ?

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 01:11:36 UTC 2005

There are many threads on "favorite universal remote", but for some
reason I'm having trouble with the other half of that equation:
something to plug into my PC to *receive* the signals from the remote
control of choice.

The only stuff I've found on the web is:

	- Build-your-own serial-port IR receiver.
	- Hauppage WinTV-PVR cards apparently have a remote control
	  included with them.
	- IRMan: http://www.evation.com/irman/

I have an HD-3000 (which did not come with a remote control), so the
Hauppage remote control solution does not apply to me.

I feel like I'm being really dense or something. The only other thing
I can think of is that people just buy some cheap wireless keyboard
and configure a remote to send signals to the keyboard's IR receiver.
But in my experience, the range on wireless keyboards isn't that
great, so it seems of limited applicability in a large living room.

Can someone give me a starting point for something to receive the
signals from a remote control for an HD-3000-based MythTV system?

Thanks,
--Rob