[mythtv-users] Will MythTV-Xbox(Debian) pooch the rest of my xbox functionality?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 18:16:52 UTC 2005

1. If you're not careful, yes.  If you select an
install to the partition for saved games, then it
creates a file in that partition, and runs Linux
mounted via loopback.  This is the safest way to go.
The installer will format your HD if you tell it to
put data on F: (if you have that partition).
Otherwise, you should be fine.
To my knowledge, it will not overwrite your BIOS, you
need to do that yourself.
Also, on my XBox, I was running MythTV from Avalaunch,
you can run it from any launcher.  You just need to
tell the launcher to run the correct XBE file.

2. Can't help you here.  I used the Xebian installer
for MythTV.

-- Joe