[mythtv-users] newbie introduction

Richard Legault rich.lega at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:53:18 UTC 2005

I am the newest newbie here, I don't even have a box set up yet. Parts
are on order for the lirc input and output, tuner card will be ordered
this week or next. I do have a couple of things that I  have to ask...
My current VCR gets its program guide information from the TV signal
itself (I have analog cable). Does MythTV have that capability or
plans for it?
Do I really need to get a sound card if I don't have a sound system
external to the TV set?

I have a spare computer (1.5G Celeron w/ 128M) with an onboard
soundcard. I am planning on getting a PVR-500 and a GeForce
video/TVOUT card.