[mythtv-users] X Error: BadMatch - You likely won't get any video

SpikeyGG spikeygg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:04:08 UTC 2005

I've looked through the gossamer's threads and googled a bit but I haven't figured out how to remedy this message from mythfrontend:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  142
  Minor opcode:  14
  Resource id:  0x4a
2005-04-10 20:49:49.974 Couldn't get the color key color, and we need it.
You likely won't get any video.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the dual-headed display because it only happens when I point my frontend to display 0:1.  I have the following datapoints:

Running mythfrontend with display=:0.0 from :0.0 - no errors
Running mythfrontend with display=:0.0 from :0.1 - no errors
Running mythfrontend with display=:0.1 from :0.0 - error appears
Running mythfrontend with display=:0.1 from :0.1 - error appears

Anyone know how to fix it?
It's probably not a big deal since my setup mostly works.  I'm just trying to get rid of all errors. ;)

Thanks,
-Greg

BTW: I'm using TV-out on my 5700 Ultra with a CRT hooked up to the D-sub.  I guess it could be TV-out specific...

--- Running Conditions ---
939pin Athlon64 3200+
OS - Standard Issue Debian (32-bit)
MythTV - CVS Version (4/10/2005)