[mythtv-users] Australian XMLTV grabbers

Mon Apr 11 02:54:40 UTC 2005

On 11/04/2005, at 11:06 AM, Berry, David wrote:

> It looks like the times being grabbed are out however:

Warren tells me that the times are in UTC.  As I said before, you can
force the timezone information for mythfilldatabase (I think the
appropriate menu is in mythtv-setup).

Hmm... it looks like mythfilldatabase has rolled its own timestamp
reading code...  And it looks like the code for adding the explicit
offset might not be used if the XMLTV data doesn't have an explicit
timezone.  If you feel like doing some testing, you might try this for
me:

Use "tv_grab_au_tuhs -o myfile.xml" to grab some xml to a file.  Edit
the times by appending a ' +0000' to them - this explicitly marks them
as UTC.  Set the appropriate timezone in mythtv-setup (I think it is
there - it may be in the mythfrontend setup screens - I don't have my
myth box in front of me).  Use "mythfilldatabase --file 1 7 myfile.xml"
to load the data (I'm guessing that the source id will be 1).

e.g. here is how I would edit the snippet of XML you gave me.  Note
that the timestamps haven't changed - I've just appended ' +0000' to
the string:

   <programme start="20050411200000 +0000" stop="20050411202500 +0000"
channel="ABC-Can">
     <title>Ocean Girl</title>
     <desc>Neri is an aquatic girl who is found by an underwater
research group. She has a bond with a humpback whale.</desc>
     <category>Drama</category>
     <category>DramaGroup</category>
   </programme>

Let me know how that goes.  Or I'll have a play when I get a chance,
but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Cheers,

Will        :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering