[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Apr 9 00:17:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 10:24:11AM -0700, John Sturgeon wrote:
> Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
>
> >John Sturgeon wrote:
> >-snip-
> >

> >>Bummer.  I was hoping for a non-GUI way to do this.  Without digging
> >>into the code, is there more to deleting a show than removing the
> >>file, and deleting the record from the recorded table?
> >

> >You can also use mythweb to delete shows, not sure if youre aware of
> >that.
> >
> >Tom
>

> I'm really not trying to be an a**, but I consider a web browser a GUI.
> I'm thinking strictly command line/script.

In order to write tvwish, I built a small perl library to talk the MythTV
protocol so I could send the command to have myth re-scan the record table.

You could use this as a start to talk the protocol, but you would need to
do a bunch more since you need to provide lots of the info about the program
as an argument to delete_recordings commands.