[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Apr 8 18:52:17 UTC 2005

John Sturgeon wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>> Just out of curiosity, why do you need to delete a show from the
>> command-line?
>>
>> Kevin
>

> I knew somebody was going to ask.... ;)
>
> O.K.  I record in HD, and there are a bunch of shows  that I like to
> pull from the recordings directory, transcode to lower resolution
> MPEG-4, and put in my MythVideo heirarchy to play back via mplayer.
> Also, since DTV comes in many flavors:
> 1920x1080i 4:3 pillbox
> 1920x1080i 16:9
> 1280x720p 4:3 pillbox
> 1280x720p widescreen
> 702x480i 4:3
> 702x480 16:9
>
> I need different playback filters for different shows (not just
> channels).  MythVideo provides the ability to have a show-by-show
> customized playback command, so, depending on the show, I can play
> back with different aspect ratios, different deinterlacing filters,
> etc.. to acheive the best playback possible.  My process is pretty
> automated, but removing the old shows has been a pain.
>
> Hope that makes sense.

Sure.  One thing I could suggest is:

Since mythweb uses PHP to communicate with the backend, it shouldn't be
much work to cut the relevant portions of mythweb out that sets up a
session with the backend and then sends the delete command.  You can
then call that PHP script from the command-line and voila!

Kevin