[mythtv-users] DCT-6200 w/ FireWire -- Looking for Input..

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:34:42 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 11:29 AM, Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org> wrote:
> Thus spake Big Wave Dave:
> > > I'm in the bay area as well and I'm getting 2-80 and 702-722.
> > Is there an "easy" way to decide which channels will work?.. (besides
> > manually changing to each channel and run a test)
>
> I believe the issue to which he's referring is which channels come
> across the firewire port unencrypted.  For my cable company, it's
> all of the channels.
>
> --
That isn't the issue for me.  For example... I can change to a channel
and then (at the prompt) run the "test-mpeg2" command... and it won't
work.  I'll try it a second time... and it won't work... but on the
3rd or 4th time it WILL work.  If it was encrypted, I would expect it
to  never work.  Right?  The amount of tries varies it seems...
otherwise I would think you could just have a "repeat" command
hardset.

Perhaps someone working on the FireWire capture for MythTV could have
it continue to retry to capture (every 2-3 seconds), until the capture
size is larger than 0K... then it would know capturing has begun.

Dave