[mythtv-users] Marriage of Email List and Forum, Can't we all just get along!!

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:55:01 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 10:48 AM, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:
<snip>
> but, there are many who like forums, so something similar to (i'm
> assuming this is how it'd work) yahoo groups would be good ...  based on
> reading people's text in the group i'm subscribed to, many are using the
> forum to post, but i only ever use e-mail ... everyone has a chance to
> see everything and you've got two interfaces in which to interact with
> the list...

Biggest annoyance ever: Yahoo! groups that aren't publicly searchable.
I hate it when someone tells me "Oh yeah, check out Yahoo! group XYZ,
that's where I found the answer" and when I get there, I have to be a
member to view the stupid archives. I never want a Yahoo! ID and never
will get one!

--
Josh