[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 07:38:55 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 Apr 2005 22:05, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 07 April 2005 12:17, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > 2. MythTV - Could a jumppoint be added to return the user back to the
> > main menu? Some of the menus are quite deeply nested and a jumppoint
> > would be handy!
>
> Load up mythweb, take a look at the keys configuration section.

If what I'm after is there, I can't see it. There are jumppoints to most
functions but not one that returns you 'home'.

> > 3. MythMusic - I'd like the option, that when I insert a CD it will
> > auto-populate the playlist (preferably a clean one) with the CD tracks.
> > I'm building a Myth-box for my elderly parents and want it to be as
> > simple to operate as possible. Especially useful when used in conjunction
> > with the media-detection -> A CD is inserted, it goes direct to the play
> > screen and all you have to do is press play!
>
> I believe this is already doable, you just have to configure it in the
> frontend setup. Haven't actually tried it for CDs, but this works for DVDs.

Media detection is already doable - this takes you to the 'Music Tools' menu
when you insert a CD but it doesn't populate the playlist. It would also be
better to take you direct to the play screen.

--
Stuart Morgan