[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 7 21:05:07 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 12:17, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Hope no one mind if I mention some things I'd like to see in MythTV (I
> might even dust off my programming skills to help out, time dependant).
>
> 1. MythTV - It isn't possible to delete a recording from the database if
> the nuv file has already gone. It is an unusual circumstance but it makes
> even more sense for the database entry to be removed if the corresponding
> file is missing. Somehow a recording of mine went awol and without a manual
> SQL query I cannot get rid of the entry from mythfrontend.

Kevin already addressed this one, so I'll leave it alone.

> 2. MythTV - Could a jumppoint be added to return the user back to the main
> menu? Some of the menus are quite deeply nested and a jumppoint would be
> handy!

Load up mythweb, take a look at the keys configuration section.

> 3. MythMusic - I'd like the option, that when I insert a CD it will
> auto-populate the playlist (preferably a clean one) with the CD tracks.
> I'm building a Myth-box for my elderly parents and want it to be as simple
> to operate as possible. Especially useful when used in conjunction with the
> media-detection -> A CD is inserted, it goes direct to the play screen and
> all you have to do is press play!

I believe this is already doable, you just have to configure it in the
frontend setup. Haven't actually tried it for CDs, but this works for DVDs.

> 4. MythDVD - Whilst I do appreciate the work that went into this module,
> I'd like quite to see a better integrated DVD solution. Matching OSDs,
> menus, key-configs and behaviour. Has anyone looked at building a Myth
> based GUI for the Xine-libs?

Interesting idea.

> 5. Finally, I'm using the Isthmus OSD which iirc, was posted here a while
> ago. It is by far the best OSD I've yet seen and I wonder if it might be
> included in future distributions of MythTV?

I like it quite a bit myself.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com