[mythtv-users] P4 Motherboard Recommendations: Wake-on-Lan

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Apr 7 14:38:13 UTC 2005

Jean Connelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This question got ignored in another hardware thread.
>
> I'm looking for a new P4 motherboard that reliably "wakes-on-lan" for
> use as a myth backend.  Anybody have a recommendation from personal
> experience?  Every time I get a board it turns out to have twitchy
> cold boot/ warm boot issues that nobody bothered to mention in the
> hardware site reviews.

I have an Abit IC7-MAX3 that wakes reliably on pinging the on-board
gigabit LAN.

I should warn, however, that the S/PDIF out has a hardware issue that
causes it to be unreliable.  If you plan on using a PCI sound card (I
use a SB Live! 5.1), then this issue isn't important; but if you want to
be able to use the on-board sound, look elsewhere.

Cheers,
Kyle